When struggling to meet the demands of your own daily budget, it can be difficult to give back financially to a nonprofit organization or charitable cause you support – but there are many ways you can help without always reaching for your wallet. At Barrier Islands Free Medical Clinic, we serve a low income community – many who express their desire to give back. For most small nonprofits, raising awareness is half the battle: a critical way to reach those in need, recruit volunteers, and grow their giving community. Below are a few ways you can help your favorite nonprofit to thrive on a limited budget, with limited time.
While these examples are specific to Barrier Islands Free Medical Clinic, they can be adapted to most all charitable causes and nonprofits:
- Share This Post. Copy this link: https://www.bhttps://www.bifmc.org/show-charleston-cares/ and post to your social media channels. Tag #CharlestonCares.
- Tell a Friend without Health Insurance About Our Clinic. BIFMC is here and ready to receive new patients, but not everyone has heard about us. Share our eligibility page with a friend, or provide them with this resource for other Charleston area clinics.
- Start Your Own Fundraiser on Facebook. Anyone can help raise money through Facebook’s new “Donations” feature. Simply click “What’s on your mind?”, scroll down your option list, and select “Donations” at the very bottom. Type in “Barrier Islands Free Medical Clinic” and the proceeds raised from your page fundraiser will be donated to BIFMC via Network For Good.
- Follow BIFMC on Social Media and Help Spread our Mission. Find our online presence here. Every like, share, or RT helps get the word out about our free health care clinic. You never know who you may be connected to on social media who currently does not have health insurance: Many young people who work in restaurants, area caregivers, and often parents with young families fall into this category.
- Print Out Our Informational Cards and Leave Them on Local Sign Boards. You can download and Print This Eligibility PDF card, cut in half and leave on local community message boards, in libraries, or other public venues where informational pamphlets are permitted.
- Leave BIFMC a Facebook or Google Review. Your reviews help to inform potential patients about our free services. A Google review will help push our free clinic listing up in search engine rankings so uninsured adults can find our services when in need. Leave a Google review here, or find us on Facebook to provide a rating and commentary.
- Host Your Own Party or Event as a Fundraiser. Any gathering can include a charitable spin and help raise funds to support the Free Clinic. Find ideas on how to party with a socially conscious flair here.
- Volunteer, or Pass our Volunteer Information on to a Health Care Professional or Advocate. You don’t have to be a healthcare professional to volunteer at the clinic; learn more here or apply online as a medical or non-medical applicant.
- Sign Up For Our Newsletter. Let us know you’re a BIFMC supporter, and sign up online to receive important updates on the Clinic via your inbox.
Getting the message out is critical to the mission of a nonprofit organization. Your support – in any way – can make a huge difference in the lives of those in need.
Barrier Islands Free Medical Clinic is a free clinic in Charleston, SC, that provides free medical care to eligible patients, just like any family practitioner or internist. The Free Clinic serves uninsured adults living at or below 200 % of the Federal poverty level who live or work on Johns, Wadmalaw or James Islands. You can follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.